Saturday, October 8, 2011

What is that?

I was sitting in my office this evening trying to make myself do some work. That did not happen.

Then I heard a sound...I sound that I have not heard in a very long time. Could it be...yes it is...RAIN.

Rain that we have needed for so long. Rain that has been falling for an hour. Rain that is also accompanied by thunder and lighting. Rain that the ground is soaking in; if I listen carefully I am sure the ground is letting out a long low sigh. Like a human takes in a breath of fresh air or a long drink of ice water on a hot day.

Rain that delayed the Rangers game and a marching competition but a rain that was and is much needed so the delays are very much worth the trouble. Rain fall all night long I will not mind and neither will the ground or the rivers.

3 comments:

Bone said...

It rained here yesterday for the first time in like a month. But I know you needed it much much worse than us.

I'd been wondering if you were near the wildfires.

Felicia said...

It has rained at our place this past week, too! The nice, steady, rain that doesn't make everything wash out. Parker even got to sit on the porch with us and watch it. That was a first for him!

PennyCandy said...

Bone were thankfully not near the wildfirers. Friends have been bothered by them.

Felicia that is wonderful that you goes got rain as well.