Saturday, September 10, 2011

Just another Saturday....

If you have followed my blog at all you know I work in an urban district at a low performing school. With that comes extra work...I knew it when I signed on and I am good with that.

Today was one of those extra work days. We walked the neighborhood to find kids that are not coming to school. Well I did not walk because of my foot but I was on campus in the front foyer to greet anyone that came into the school. This year we did not have as many students to look for which was a good thing. The flip side...the students we needed to find were not found.

After lunch we started our Professional Learning Communities (PLC). I am part of the student achievement PLC. I am paired with a great group of people and I am not in charge...score for me on that one. Our task is do find out why we have low student achievement and then what are we going to do to fix it. We already have some great ideas and if we make the kinds of gains this year that we made last year we will be off the list. When we get off the list you will hear not only me but everyone that is involved with the campus cheering. So in May of 2012 it will not be an earthquake you feel it will be us stomping and cheering.

No comments: