Thursday, November 20, 2008

AP Awards

Tonight I went to an awards ceremony. At this ceremony the school district I work for honored their AP Scholars and for the first time ever they also honored a select group of AP Teachers. The Academic Coordinator from each high school was allowed to nominate no more than two AP Teachers for this award and they had to justify why the nominated teachers should win the award. This year myself and another history teacher were nominated and selected to receive this award. History rocks at our school!!! Seriously we do rock we are the best department in the building. I was one of 18 teachers to receive this award tonight. I was very honored to say the least since last year was my first year teaching AP World History. So now I am officially an AP Scholar Teacher.

5 comments:

Doohickie said...

You rock, babe!

Felicia said...

I agree with Paul! You do rock!

HeidiTri's said...

That's awesome!! Congrats!Admit it...Do you want to find that dumb guidance counselor from Tamarac and stick the award under her nose!!

PennyCandy said...

Yes Heidi I do want to stick the award under her nose along with my GPA from UNT.

I also want to go back to Michigan and rub it in the diagnostician's face that my child is in AP classes and he is graduating this year in the top 15% of his class. She wanted to but him in a TMI class (trainable but mentally impaired).

PennyCandy said...

In my post it should say put him not "but him".